Forum Discussion

Dav1234
Level 5
4 years ago

Netbackup cloud catalyst

Hello Team, currently we are running on netbackup 8.1 on windows server but we are planning to upgrade it to latest one and also planning to migrate it to Solaris box from windows machine. is there...
    4 years ago

HI Dav1234 

If you're talking 8.3, then I would strongly suggest going RHEL or CentOS. I would also look at MSDP Cloud (or MSDP-C which is new to 8.3). Although I like Solaris (and in fact cut my teeth using that OS), its days are numbered - I have no knowledge of how long Veritas will continue to support this as a server platform, but I imagine as its use declines it will go the way of HP-UX and AIX and only be supported as a client. 

Cloud Catalyst will continue to be supported but it will be depreciated at some future time, MSDP-C is the way to go as it does not require a separate media server to drive it and it has a number of other feature benefits also. The MSDP-C does require RHEL or CentOS as the OS platform - hence a second reason for my original suggestion (a Cloud Cataylst server would also requires a RHEL platform).

Hope this helps
    David