Forum Discussion

Aris56
Level 4
9 years ago

Netbackup Compatibility

Hi,

I want to install netbakcup 7.6.0.4 on my HPUX 11.11 machine.

I need some clarification regarding netbackup compatibility.

in the compatibility document, it is said "Minimum Netbackup Level" is 7.0 and NetBackup 7.6 and later does not support the NetBackup-Java Administration Console or the BAR GUI (Backup, Archive, and Restore Interface) on this platform.

Does it mean that Netbackup 7.6 doesnt support HPUX 11.11 or it does support but certain functions such as NB Java Console and BAR gui wont work on this platform?

What does the Minimum Netbackup Level actually means as my current HPUX machine is currently running NBU 6.5?

Please advise

Regards,

Aris.

• Morning

What is means is that you can run any version of NetBackup higher than 7.0 on your server. 7.6.x is supported but you dont get ANY GUIs for it.

It doesn't refer to 6.5 because 6.5 is end of support, so technically it doesn't exist anymore. If anything breaks you cannot get support for a 6.5 installation.

2 Replies

• Morning

What is means is that you can run any version of NetBackup higher than 7.0 on your server. 7.6.x is supported but you dont get ANY GUIs for it.

It doesn't refer to 6.5 because 6.5 is end of support, so technically it doesn't exist anymore. If anything breaks you cannot get support for a 6.5 installation.