Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Netbackup Console slow

Hello,

I have a big Netbackup environment with my Master Server over a Microsoft cluster and the shared disks (Querum and Catalog) are in a FC SAN.

In the console, but in Active Monitor specially some times it's locks and stay for 10 seconds. It's happens repeatedly.

Someone had this problem?

In the environment, there are 5 backup administrators that are connected in the console all the time.

Kind Regards.

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi,

Each administrator is connected by RDP on Master Server (It has a TS License).

I don't have BMR in the environment and its database is not configured.

I don't know more what i can do. It is so slow to administer the console.

All the jobs are working fine, but administer them is more difficult  each day.

Kind Regards.

• Hi,

At this moment, I cannot make the upgrade to version 7.5. Is there other way to improving the performance?

• in addition to the advice already given - do you mean 5 admins logged on the Master Server itself each with an Admin Console open or 5 admins each opening their own admin console somewhere?

There was an issue with the java processes being left behind on the Master Server due to a Java console being opened elsewhere (on their PC) - these needed to be killed off manually to clear them

Using the Windows Remote admin console on their PC overcomes this

The only other thing i have seen is if you have not setup the Master Server for BMR, which is now included in the Admin Console but not used by everyone

Simply by running the bmrsetupmaster (or on a Windows Master via the Start - Programs menu) it sorts this one out

Hope this helps

• What version of NetBackup are you running?

If you have a busy environment and multiple people logged into the console, this can put stress on bpjobd. From NetBackup 7.5, bpjobd is multi-threaded and can handle more work load and is generally quicker. Job details are also added to EMM making retrieval quicker.

Do you see any slowness when running bpdbjobs from the command prompt?