Forum Discussion

NBU35
Level 6
11 years ago

Netbackup for Hyper-V

Master RHEL6, MSDP, NBU 7.6.0.1

We are trying to configure backups of hyper-V vms with NBu for hyper-V.

there is a clusster of 3 nodes and containing CSV. I have added the name of all nodes of cluster & cluster to master server's server list and then created policy of HYPERV type. and in hyper V tab, I added the name of cluster for hyper v machine name and then when i go to clients Tab.

I am able to see nodes of cluster in left pan, but left pan is blank & not showing any machine.

(we are not using hyper server as media server.)

Cluster is WIn2012 r2 standard

kindly tell me if i am missing something. what can be reason of this.

• Issue resolved, Adding name of hyper-V to bp.conf of master as SERVER entry ,also hyper v integration services run on hyper V host only when they are required (by backup)

2 Replies

• I found that server should be at 7.6.0.2 to support win2012 R2 as hyper server.

I upgraded the master server to 7.6.0.2 and even now i am facing the same issue.

I just notice hyper-v services on cluster are installed but, they are not started. when i try to start them, they gives error : service started & stopped, some services stops automatically if they are not required by any program.

also in hyperV tab if i try to add hyper v server it givesme error :"Please enter valid Hyper-V machine name".

also kindly confirm do we need to open port 902 on hyper host.

• Issue resolved, Adding name of hyper-V to bp.conf of master as SERVER entry ,also hyper v integration services run on hyper V host only when they are required (by backup)