Forum Discussion

ngarart
Level 3
6 years ago

Cannot duplicate images using SLP. Image replicated using AIR

Cannot duplicate images with are replicated using AIR. I get this error: Feb 19, 2019 3:06:33 PM - Error bptm (pid=4047) cannot add fragment to image database, error = no entity was found Feb 19...
    quebek
    6 years ago

Ngarart

What I can tell you ... I had the same issue. VM backup at source with ASC, replicated to remote domain and than duplicated to tape... last part of SLP was failing... here is what I did recieve from VRTS CE:
    "DIAGNOSTIC STEPS/CAUSE:   
    When application protected backup is being taken it creates a placeholder entry in dbm_main.dbm_image table but if the ASC job does not find application installed on client VM the placeholder entry is not cleaned up and this entry exists as a dependent of VM client backup image in the NBDB image database.

In AIR setup when this image is replicated to Target Master Server, the VM client backup image gets imported successfully at Target Master but the dependent image entry of image table is not imported as it is not a valid backup. At the time of duplication (on tape) at Target Master it checks for the dependent image as the VM backup image record having “hasdependents” set to 1 but it does not find any entry in dbm_main.dbm_imagedependency table, so duplication fails.

RESOLUTION SUMMARY:  
    Issue fixed in 8.1, as the DR master is lower version then source master server which is not recommended.

"