Forum Discussion

florin_s
Level 4
13 years ago

Netbackup OpsCenter Analytics

Hello,

i was just wondering if there is a way for opscenter to keep all backup jobs logs(archived or something like that).

for ex. if i need a restore from 01.02.2009 and cannot find the catalogs from that time i assume that the job has failed.... the question is why?

or perhaps the job was ok but the catalog is missing/corrupt.

i would like this kind of information available...

is there a way to setup this?

thanks,

florin

p.s. currently i only have job logs in opscenter for 28 days(the default limit on the master host properties), is there a way to keep this limit on the master but increase it on the opscenter server?

• If you are just talking about the monitoring tab , This is what admin guide says .

This view is shown by default when you
    select Monitor > Jobs. This view displays
    detailed information about jobs based on the
    current View pane and time frame selection.
    Note: You can only view jobs data for the
    last 30 days from the List View.

I think , this is irrespective of whether it's OC or OCA .

Regards
    Zach

7 Replies

• Take a look under Settings - Configuration - Data Purge

It may be that OpsCenter happens to purge as often as NetBackup.

If you have analytics you can keep data as long as you like - if not then the limit is 60 days

Hope this helps

• OpsCenter Analytics could report on this, but... 

Since OpsCenter was not available in 2009 this data would of had to be collected using NOM or VBR and then upgraded to OpsCenter.

OpsCenter (currently) will not dig through your images database allow you to search your catalog information.

OpsCenter 7.5 (future release)  is going to have some new features that will allow you review file data from backups on your master.

As OpsCenter collects data, it will remain in the database until purged.

The free version(s) of OpsCenter will NOT allow you to report on historical information going back that far and will be automatically purged from the database.

OpsCenter Analytics will retain Job data longer. (I believe 1 or 1.5 years is the default)

• hi,

thanks for your answers.

it's Opscenter anlytics, below is the purge configuration.

however i cannot select history older than 30 days, see printscreen below:

• Florin, 

Please check your license information within OpsCenter... 

Click on Settings, Configuration, License

If you do not have a license key or the license shows DEMO, EVAL, or Expired... then you are not running OpsCenter Analytics.

OpsCenter and OpsCenter Analytics are the same product, however the features of Analytics are unlocked via a license key.

If you are running a Permanent Licnense Key, please confirm - I have not seen the pop-up for not being able to see jobs older then 30 days appear on an Analytics environment.

• I would need to evaluate your actual key information at this point.

May I suggest you open a case with us, so we can review the error & license information for your OpsCenter host?

• If you are just talking about the monitoring tab , This is what admin guide says .

This view is shown by default when you
    select Monitor > Jobs. This view displays
    detailed information about jobs based on the
    current View pane and time frame selection.
    Note: You can only view jobs data for the
    last 30 days from the List View.

I think , this is irrespective of whether it's OC or OCA .

Regards
    Zach