Forum Discussion

Hannible
Level 4
10 years ago

Netbackup Services not Starting up

Hello Friends, My master Server is Windows 2008 R2  Netbackup 7.5.0.7   I try to restart Netbackup Services as Below NetBackup 7.5 -- Startup Utility NetBackup services are about to...
    10 years ago
    I don't see the database running (NBDB) - have you had a recent full filesystem, I would hazard a guess that the transaction log has become corrupted, this will prevent some NBU processes starting. You could try Install-path\NetBackup\bin\bpup -e SQLANYs_VERITAS_NB Install-path\NetBackup\bin\nbdb_ping You should get a message saying the DB is alive and well. If not, follow this TN http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH72780 If you are not running BMR, skip any step that metions BMR After this, the NBDB should start so at that point NBU services can be restarted. If the NBDB does start and nbdb_ping responds correctly then the DB is probably ok - in these cases I usually pick on a process that isn;t running and enable its log - I usually start with EMM vxogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 111 -s DebugLevel=6 -s DiagnosticLevel=6 I then try and start the services again and look in the emm log to se if there is any clue vxlogview -p 51216 -d all -o 111 -t 00:10:00 (this will give the last 10 mins) Use the same command above to lower the log levels, but use values 1 and 1