Forum Discussion

apiovenzan
Level 3
5 years ago

Netbackup Storage Server MSDP Creation by Wizard - Error invalid command parameter(20)

Hello guys,

When trying to install a new MSDP in my Netbackup 8.2 environment using the wizard I found an error message:

Configuring media server deduplication pool xxxxx – invalid command parameter(20)

Reconfiguration failed for storage server PureDisk:xxxxxxxx one or more invalid arguments

The all steps are attached.

I could'nt found the cause ot it.

So, I apreciate any help to solve it, please.

Thanks,
Regards
Alberto PIOVENZAN.

apiovenzan
    5 years ago

He Michal,

The problem was really the storage path. The problem was not exactly semicolon or colon.

I realized that it does not accept main directories as storage path like "F:\" or "F:".

It waits for subdirectories. So, in my case it accepted as path "F:\MSDP".

PS: I leave here a suggestion for the Netbackup Developers: In the screen give examples and filter better that it accept as information in the field "Storage Path".

Thanks !

Best Regards

Alberto PIOVENZAN.

4 Replies

• Hello,

doublecheck the storage path. It seems to be semicolon there, not colon.

Regards

Michal

apiovenzan
      Level 3

He Michal,

The problem was really the storage path. The problem was not exactly semicolon or colon.

I realized that it does not accept main directories as storage path like "F:\" or "F:".

It waits for subdirectories. So, in my case it accepted as path "F:\MSDP".

PS: I leave here a suggestion for the Netbackup Developers: In the screen give examples and filter better that it accept as information in the field "Storage Path".

Thanks !

Best Regards

Alberto PIOVENZAN.

Marianne
        Level 6

apiovenzan 

The need for for a directory name and not just a drive letter is clearly documented in NBU Dedupe Guide.