Forum Discussion

shubh120
Level 4
6 years ago

Netbackup track logs movement

Hi Everyone,

We are trying to standarize our netbackup policies naming convention in doing so we have to create new policies with the different/new name than previous one's. Now the problem is that old policies were configured with the accelerator enabled feature & in the new policy if we enable to accelerator feature it will again go from the begining building the track logs since the policies are quite big in size which will take alot time to rebuild the track logs, so is there any way where i can use the old track logs from previous policy for this new one so that when i run the job with new policy it will simply picked the old track logs & do not rebuild them again.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      shubh120
      Level 4

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for the reply, i actually already had gone through this TN but it seems to a different one i am looking, this one seems to be redirecting the track logs to a different location if you are facing space crunch.

In my senario i have 2 policies X & Y, policy X is running with accelerator feature & have its track logs whereas policy Y is a newly created one & has not ran yet, both policy do have same client, backup selection etc, is it possible i can use the same track logs being used by policy X for policy Y without rebuilding them again?

Thanks,

Shubham