Forum Discussion

KameliaB
Level 4
4 years ago

OpCenter Analytics - Capacity Reporting for 30 Days

I have a customer who is insisting there be a way to truncate the default 90-day Capacity report to 30 days without any scripting and in a single-push button method. We've tried the following to no a...
    davidmoline
    4 years ago

HI KameliaB 

I'm not sure why your original option 1 didn't work - that is the way to change how far backup the nbdeployutil will report.

I do note that the example you provided indicated "traditional" rather than capacity, but assume that this was just a typo. Also you still need to generate the repoort from the gathered data (so a two step process).

I have just tested this on a test system I have and using the --hoursago=720 doies restrict the "look back" to 30 days.

Your original option 2 - the purge interval relates to the smartmeter automatic reporting (using nbdeployutil incrementally each week) and cleaning up after this period of time - it does not change the "look back" value.

Option 3 looks to be what you intended in option 1 with both the gather and report commands used - but for multiple master servers. 

The only one button approach I know of is using OpsCenter NetBackup Licensing report, (this can with a few clicks generate reports for all master servers monitiored. Not sure it is possible to alter the "look back" default of 90 days though. I do not believe it is a parameter that can be set in the nbdeployutilconfig.txt file.