Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Opscenter Upgrade

Dear All,

I have Opscenter Analitics 7.6.0.1 and i want to upgrade 7.6.0.3 , what is step need to follow please suggest .

Operating system is windows 2008 R2 Standard 64 bit , also share patch download link

Thak You !!

• OpsCenter is capable of reporting on more than just NetBackup.  There is an ability to pull data from Symantec Enterprise Vault, EMC Networker, etc.  If you plan to pull data into Opscenter from anything other than NetBackup, you would need to install the OpsCenter Agent on those other servers.

If you are only going to use OpsCenter with NetBackup, you only need to install the OpsCenter Server software on its own server; you do not need to download or install the OpsCenter Agent anywhere.  OpsCenter server contains a built-in agent specifically for communicating with NetBackup. 

If you new to OpsCenter, and you are upgrading OpsCenter and don't know if you need the agent software in your particular environment:

• open the OpsCenter in your web browser,
    • click on the "Settings" button at the top of the screen,
    • click on "Configuration" in the blue area just below the big buttons on the top of the screen,
    • click on the "Agent" tab
    • If you see any names listed, other than "Integrated Agent", then you will need to also download the OpsCenter Agent software and install it on the server(s) listed here

10 Replies

• Seriously! We all on this forum love to help people but I can't tolerate laziness.

Open Google, type in "Opscenter 7.6.0.3 download" and see what comes up.

If you get stuck, then ask a question and we'll help. But put in some effort.

• Hi Riaan,

I saw that link before updating the post i got two thing Agent PackagesOpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics ,

and Server Packages  OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics . i am not aware which one is required for my environment , so i asked on community , please suggest in these two which one i should chhose .

Thank You !!

• Agent Packages:  OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics <<<Goes on components other than the OpsCenter server

Server Packages  OpsCenter/OpsCenter Analytics <<<Goes on the OpsCenter server

• Open one or more of the links.
    You will find your answer in the detailed README URL that also contains the download link.

Really.

• Can you be more specific on Opscenter agent as i am new on opscenter so not much aware ,

Do i need to install both update pack server and agent ?

Thank You !!

• OpsCenter is capable of reporting on more than just NetBackup.  There is an ability to pull data from Symantec Enterprise Vault, EMC Networker, etc.  If you plan to pull data into Opscenter from anything other than NetBackup, you would need to install the OpsCenter Agent on those other servers.

If you are only going to use OpsCenter with NetBackup, you only need to install the OpsCenter Server software on its own server; you do not need to download or install the OpsCenter Agent anywhere.  OpsCenter server contains a built-in agent specifically for communicating with NetBackup. 

If you new to OpsCenter, and you are upgrading OpsCenter and don't know if you need the agent software in your particular environment:

• open the OpsCenter in your web browser,
    • click on the "Settings" button at the top of the screen,
    • click on "Configuration" in the blue area just below the big buttons on the top of the screen,
    • click on the "Agent" tab
    • If you see any names listed, other than "Integrated Agent", then you will need to also download the OpsCenter Agent software and install it on the server(s) listed here
  • Dear , I want to mark one of the post as solution but i am not getting option mark solution any idea .

Thank You !!

• Try now .... you had selected "I do not need a solution, just sharing information" when the post was created.