Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Partially completed

Hi Team,

Backup jobs are partiallay completed as below:

(WIN32 3: The system cannot find the path specified. )

(WIN32 5: Access is denied. )

(WIN32 32: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. )

Is their any any solution to resolve this issue and what is the root cause of these problems?

• Personally I would use Microsoft site to look for meaning and solution to WIN32 errors.

My interpretation of the errors:

This says to me something on the system does not exist that is supposed to be there.
    Either a typo error in the Backup Selection or a file/folder name got changed or deleted.

The Service Account used for NetBackup Client service does not have read permission.
    Change Client Service logon account to a domain user with full access to all files/folders.

(WIN32 32: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. )
    Exactly what it says. 
    Check filename and find out from system owners why files are in use during backups.
    Exclude them or ensure files are closed during backup window.
    If this refers to live database files (e.g. SQL), exclude these files from MS-Windows policy and use proper agent to backup databases.

3 Replies

• Win32 errors are messages from Windows. These errors are beyond the control of Netbackup so you need to look at issue from the OS level.

I would suggest you search Connect for resolution - You are not the only one getting Win32 error messages.

• Personally I would use Microsoft site to look for meaning and solution to WIN32 errors.

My interpretation of the errors:

This says to me something on the system does not exist that is supposed to be there.
    Either a typo error in the Backup Selection or a file/folder name got changed or deleted.

The Service Account used for NetBackup Client service does not have read permission.
    Change Client Service logon account to a domain user with full access to all files/folders.

Exactly what it says. 
    Check filename and find out from system owners why files are in use during backups.
    Exclude them or ensure files are closed during backup window.
    If this refers to live database files (e.g. SQL), exclude these files from MS-Windows policy and use proper agent to backup databases.

• Adding notes to the above excellent notes, please verify and see the below ref link :

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130583