Forum Discussion

grgjtsi
Level 4
11 years ago

PostgreSQL error

When I try to  install thiw client "nb_7.5.0.6.winnt.x86.client.win 2012", it displays the bellow PostgreSQL error.

What can I do? Because I don´t want to uninstall it

thx.

• In your original client installation source (PC_Clnt\x64\) you have all of the files .. data*.cab files, setup.exe, the msi etc.

The idea is that you replace the msi in that orignial location with the one from the EEB you downloaded

Then you can run the setup.exe but it will call the new msi

Hope that makes sense

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Now, Mark,

After the client installation, I ´ll need an extra help for taking backup this client.

My question is: With which way (method) I 'll take backup this client that is a PHYSICAL machine and not virtual like the others.

* Also, my client (VA) is Windows 2012 64bit, but in the netbackup is reaching until win2008 and no at win2012 (I do not know if there is a problem with that).

thx.

• In your original client installation source (PC_Clnt\x64\) you have all of the files .. data*.cab files, setup.exe, the msi etc.

The idea is that you replace the msi in that orignial location with the one from the EEB you downloaded

Then you can run the setup.exe but it will call the new msi

Hope that makes sense

• Something I don't understand, would you like to be more specific?

thx.

• For the second error i believe you are just supposed to replace the original msi in the installation source with the downloaded one and then still run setup.exe

As per the readme:

ET2696992 - Installing NetBackup 7.5 client on to a 64-bit Windows server running postgreSQL fails.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH182539

Replace the GA version of "Symantec NetBackup Client.msi" with the version provided in this EEB. Re-run the installation.

• Mark,

As I written, my environment is WIN 2012 64bit and I used the same client that you sent me and I have the same result.

thx.

sri vani,

I don't have any service (spad, spoold, Postgres) that runs and the Veritas directory as well. Now as for as my registry I show that is "clear".

As for as the 2nd solution it concern the msi, I have the below error in attachment