Forum Discussion

xhawk
Level 4
15 years ago

Problem with changing EMM Server

I'm testing NBU in various Lab configuration. Config-1: Master and EMM server: t-sun (Solaris 10,sparc), installed nbu6.5.3 Media server: p630 (AIX 5.3), installed nbu6.5.3 Media server: HPtest (HPUX B11.11, PA-Risc),installed nbu6.5.3 Tape Library: IBM 3582-L23 (2 drives, FC ports) SAN switch: Brocade Config-2: Master and EMM server: pclab (Intel i5, Windows 2008 server), installed NBU7 Media server: p630 (AIX 5.3) Media server: HPtest (HPUX B11.11, PA-Risc) Tape Library: IBM 3582-L23 (2 drives, FC ports) SAN switch: Brocade All server connected to SAN(except pclab), all media servers can recognize IBM 3582 Tape library correctly. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now, the server t-sun is taken away, the lab environment became config-2: pclab becomes the master server and the EMM server. I edited the bp.conf file in media servers, it looks like: SERVER = pclab SERVER = p630 CLIENT_NAME = p630 USE_VXSS = PROHIBITED VXSS_SERVICE_TYPE = INTEGRITYANDCONFIDENTIALITY EMMSERVER = pclab ------------------------------------------------------ and run command on master server: #nbemmcmd -addhost -machinename p630 -machinetype media -masterserver pclab -operatingsystem rs6000 -netbackupversion 6.5 and in Graphic admin console, the "Host properties"-->"Media server" List shows p630 is connected. But the problem comes out when I use "device configuration wizard" to scan hosts (pclab and p630), It turns out warning: "The hosts you selected do not agree on which host stores the EMM database.Selecting master server is recommended" But the scan results on p630 failed. However,the OS can recognize the Tape: ------------------------------------------------------------- #lsdev -Cctape rmt0 Available 11-08-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) smc0 Available 11-08-02 IBM 3582 Library Medium Changer (FCP) ------------------------------------------------------------- Then,I uninstalled the NBU6.5 according to NBU6.5 installation guide. and then reinstall NBU7.0 on p630, the problem remains. Is there any other place to record EMM server info besides the bp.conf file? How to solve this problem? Thanks!!!
  • It's  messed up by unsuccessful installation !

After each  unsuccessful installation, one should uninstall NBU first, then re-install NBU.

I fixed it now.

2 Replies

• On Media server p630:

#tpautoconf -t
    The device_mappings file has invalid license info

The license I used is the one-year evaluation license I applied from partnernet.symantec.com
  • It's  messed up by unsuccessful installation !

After each  unsuccessful installation, one should uninstall NBU first, then re-install NBU.

I fixed it now.