Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Robot down

Dear, Really this time i need help ! in veritas, the robot is appear down and when i am trying up it, down again, and all polices be  status code 800.  So,what the problem and how can i solv...
    15 years ago
    Run the following commands to determine if the robot is seen at the OS level

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/sgscan

If you do not see the robots in this output, NetBackup will never see it becuase the robot is not visible to the OS.  Run the following command to verify that the OS has a path to the robot and that it matches your configured path.

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -d

This output should have a section titled "Currently defined robotics are:"  Check that the robot has a path here, if it does, from within the NBU admin GUI right click your robot, then select change.  Check to make sure that the path in the "Change robot" window matches the path in the tpconfig -d output.

Finally it would help if you tell us what kind of robot we are dealing with and how it is attached to the server, fibre, SCSI, etc. 

If you do not see the robot at the OS level, drop your system to the OK prompt (assuming it SPARC and not X86) and run the following to be sure the server can see it at the lowest level:

OK> probe-scsi-all

You should see the robot in this output.