Forum Discussion

john10
Level 6
11 years ago

Robotic library is down on server, Media Server

Hello All, Currently we are using NBU 7.0.1 with 2008 as Master/Media server, and backup are not running fine in job details it was showing as "Robotic library is down on server, Media Server" ...
    11 years ago

its looking like an libraary issue..

if you have webconsole access to the library please check in the there if it is showing any alerts...

if not try to check the robot functionlaty from the webconsole by mounthing the tapes into drive.

you may need to check with library vendor.

reboot of library also worth trying...

11 years ago

I am wondering about your screenshot showing 'I/O device error' when you ran scan command. 

Have you done anything to fix this? Like rebooting the robot and the server?
    Is scan output now showing correct robot and drive output?

Did you complete the device wizard config? Including restart of NBU Device Manager?

Please show us config and status after device wizard has completed (including restart):

tpconfig -l 

vmoprcmd -d

11 years ago

Agree with Marianne above. Scan is nothing to do with NetBackup, so if you get I/O errors there is a problem at hardware/connectivity/OS level.

11 years ago

The device may very well be there, but it is not possible to perform any operation.

Check the robot, I bet some red LED is flashing in the service required panel.

• Check robot path for obstructions
    • Check the robot is fully initialized (door opened ?)

11 years ago

Hello All,

We had a call with hardware vendor, and got replace the SAS cable and now the issue was fixed, thanks for your support and suggestions.