Forum Discussion

bordio27
Level 4
7 years ago

Remove old media server from NDMP host

Hi to everyone, I'm trying to remove media server host from EMM, but nbemmcmd gives me an error: NBEMMCMD, Version: 7.7.3 The function returned the following failure status: the media is allocate...
    Marianne
    7 years ago
    My idea was to run the 'list_ref' before running 'deletehost' to see what else is referenced.
    Your opening post made it sound like ndmp was the only remaining reference to this media server.

Which command did you run when you received the ' media is allocated for use' error?

If you are trying to decommission this media server, please share the steps you have followed?

I believe that nbdecommission -oldserver .... -newserver .... works in 99.999% of situations.
    Amol_Nair
    7 years ago
    While running nbdecommission utility do ensure you go through the below technote and if you are running on any version older than nbu 8.0 then download the respective nbdecommission utility from the technote and then use it.. the defect in nbdecommission may remove all ost credentials

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000100482

If you recently expired any images for the media server you are trying to delete you may need to verify that there are no pending images for image cleanup.. run the below command to verify if there are any images referencing this media server for the next image cleanup job to remove
    “nbdelete -list -tar”

Also verify if any older SLP versions are pointing to this media server or the media servers stu - “nbstl -all_versions -L”