Forum Discussion

HEMANPR
Level 6
14 years ago

Reset the Job ID Sequence Number

Hello People

Happy New Year 2011

Any way, option or command for reset the Job ID Sequence Number for Netbackup Jobs?

I want to reset the Job Number to 0 Starting the 2011 year.

Any Idea? Thanks

• /opt/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/jobid 

Just make sure that if you reset down to 1 that you will not be repeating any job numbers that are current.  (meaning by the time it gets to where you are now, all current jobs should be so old they are no longer referenced in the database)

3 Replies

• clean out the existing jobs database and associated trylogs, ffilelogs and done files
    # cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs
    # rm bpjobd.act.db
    # rm bpjobd.db
    # rm done/*
    # rm ffilelogs/*.f
    # rm trylogs/*.t
    # rm jobid

By doing this it will revert jobs back to 1 and start you fresh.. restart NBU and your set to go.

Step 4 of this technote:
    http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH34359&key=15142&actp=LIST
  • /opt/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/jobid 

Just make sure that if you reset down to 1 that you will not be repeating any job numbers that are current.  (meaning by the time it gets to where you are now, all current jobs should be so old they are no longer referenced in the database)

• Thanks for your help

I use the J.Hinchcliffe post option because I don't want to delete any of my old jobs logs or reports. I just change to 1 in Jobid file and everything it's running normal, just start all jobs with a new id number Starting in 1. Thanks