Forum Discussion

CHONG_WU
Level 5
11 years ago

rhel 6.1 BMR backup with Failed to import Config file. (1)

I run bmr backup the rhel 6.1 x86_64 client with netbackup 7.5.0.5, but failed with the following error. 1/26/2014 10:48:22 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=1860) BMRERR: Received BMR error: Failed to import Config file. (1) 1/26/2014 10:48:22 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=1860) BMRERR: Received BMR error: Failed sending the discovery. (1) 1/26/2014 10:48:22 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=1860) BMRERR: Received BMR error: BMR information discovery failed. (1) I check the bmrsavecfg -infoonly on the linux client, the error is as follows, /dev/sdf: read failed after 0 of 2048 at 0: Input/output error /dev/sdg: read failed after 0 of 2048 at 0: Input/output error /dev/sdh: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error /dev/sdi: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error What's the aboved error and the solution? Thanks.

• As you have found out, the Fdisk command on your system is failing with return code 123.

The error message given by Fdisk command, "This doesn't look like a partition table. Probably you selected the wrong device." is likely the cause of concern here. 

In case your fdisk command exits with 0 return code without Multipath software configured, in that case you may try to blacklist those concerning disks during Multipath configuration. I am not too sure on this.

However, this FDISK command failure is due to system behavior outside of NetBackup BMR due to which I may not be able to help further debug on this. You may want to determine as per your system requirement, the need for these partitions. 

Do let us know if after system configuration corrections you face any further issue with BMR.

Regards,

Rishi Raj

18 Replies