Forum Discussion

9 years ago

RMAN restore troubleshooting.

Hi guys, I am having a bit of a problem doing an RMAN restore I can not seem to find a workaround. So you get an idea, I have the following configuration. Master Server - Windows 2008 R2 with N...
    9 years ago
    If I understand correctly, the source client and source media server and source client used for the backup was myarsw002..? And now you want to use media server myarsw004... to restore to client cfhq004..? Can we assume that you have taken all the steps (altnames files on master server) to enable redirected restore? You also need to tell NBU to use another media server for the restore. The default for tape restore is to send restore task to media server that performed the backup. There are 2 methods to specify another media server to do the restore : 1) Host Properties - > Master - > Universal settings -> Media Host override Put source media server in 1st field, destination media server in 2nd field. 2) change media ownership with this command on the master server : bpmedia -movedb -m ( media-id ) -oldserver (oldserver) -newserver (newserver) Double-check forward and reverse name lookup between destination media server and destination client as well as port connectivity.