Forum Discussion

Yamoo
Level 3
13 years ago

socket write failed while trying to connect to solaris media server from NBU7.1winR2 master

Hi All,

We changed our Master server(win2003 NBU6.5.4) to win2008R2 -NBU7.1.0.2 master server. Names,IP and other parameters of the old master were used for the new master and everything looked fine. All 3 media servers still on NBU6.5.4 that were not in the DMZ were able to connect with the new master. However my solaris 8 media server 6.5.4 is still showing as offline. Attempt to connect to it from master give error "socket write failed,status 24"

I have configure the firewall in the host property of the new Master just as it was configure on the old master server. I can ping the solaris media server from the master server both using IP or the name, so the master can resolve the media server,s name.

Is there anything really that i need to do on windows2008R2? The windows firewall has been disabled. And the Private&public network were changed to Home network in the network connection settings.

what about Vnetd? do i need to configure any file on the netbackup side?

Please help.

Thanks.

1 Reply

• Well, a simple check would be to verify the session in bpcd on the media server. So if the directory does not exist already, create it in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd.

When you connect from the master, check to see whether the media server can resolve the hostname/IP properly.

Another issue could be routing and multiple NIC. Verify that all communication does go the right way if using multiple NICs.

Also, try bpclntcmd with various options for the relevant tests on both master and media server.

/A