Forum Discussion

Kong_Hoong
Level 3
10 years ago

Solaris11 Project Tuning (Shared Memory) for Clustered Netbackup

Hello, I'm looking for a solution to start NB processes on NB Master Server 7.6 installed in VCS cluster to start with Solaris 11 project for shared memory tuning. NB processes on VCS cluster a...
    10 years ago

VCS 6.x supports Solaris projects with the Project agent, utilizing the ContainerInfo service group attribute.

In order to use projects in a "supported" way with VCS/NetBackup, it would require that the NetBackup agent supports ContainterInfo attribute. I don't have a Solaris system at hand to check whether it has the definition in the /etc/VRTSvcs/con/config/NetBackupTypes.cf file.

A line would be something along: static int ContainerOpts{} = { RunInContainer=1, PassCInfo=0 }

But I really doubt the NetBackup agent has this support. So perhaps it is a good "idea" for filing a new idea in this forum...

For some time, the NetBackup agent has been a compiled agent supporting the new framework, so "patching" scripts a la the approach mentioned above, is in my understanding not possible.

In theory, you could throw together your own constellation of online, offline, monitor, and clean scripts, and use the Application resource agent, which supports the ContainerInfo attribute. So a service group would have the usual net/disk resources, a project resource, and no NetBackup resource, but an Application resource.

But that would mean you have to mimic the NetBackup agent functionality, which in no way is rocket science...

Should work fine if you get the scripts right, but would it be a supported configuration in your organization?

/A