Forum Discussion

Parthiban
Level 2
15 years ago

system state restore issue

Hi All,
 We are rebuilding the Windows 2003 Enterprise client server which was crashed 2 days before. Below are the steps we followed.

1. same OS with correct  MP & patches as were in the earlier installed.
2. Installed the Netbackup 6.5.3 in D:/ Drive.
3. C:/ drive has been restored successfully.
4. But the restore failed when started the Shadow copy components & system state. Restore goes fine with system services but i am getting the below error when the restore starts restore on system state.

Error:    system state:/ cannot create directory host <hostname>  (Wnidows 32 The system cannot find the specified path)

Below is the directory structure in the backup

Hostname
|--C:/
|-- D:/
|--Shadow copy components
|      |-- System services
|
|--- System state

Here the issue is system state. It is listed as seperate drive in the backup. I saw Most of the backup contains the System state under the shadow copy components. so if we restore the Shadow copy components it will restore both sysytem state & system services toghther. I never faced use in that.

But in this server backup it is listed seperatly and iam not able to  restore back to original location. Iam getting the above error.
How to restore the system state. Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance. 

• Issue resolved after installing the Correct version of the Netbackup client server.

It was 6.5.5 before crash. but the server team installed 6.5 only. We found it after lots of battles. The doc above is excellent.

Thanks all for the solution.

You Rock !!!

-Parthiban

8 Replies