Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Training

Just looking for some feedback on the Netbackup 7.0 Training. Is it worth taking? Or will the forums be good enough? I currently have a 6.5.5 environment that I inherited. So far I have been able to ...
    14 years ago

A suggestion would be to sign up for the troubleshooting classes?

or the money in setting up a proper lab env where you can test out the latest stuff

I have a 2 high end pcs with latest multicore CPU+8 GB and vmware workstation. With that in place and a vm for  Master + Media + clients running Exchange/Sharepoint/VCB or new VM vStorage API/various agents similar to my prod env. In place of physical lib and SAN I have a VTL, VSAN, Virtual Robot(software which works with iscsi and mimics are 2 tape drive lib). For some of the Virtual SAN (for some VTL licenses you need to be a partner to get your hands on the virtual appliance  images.) I think there are some opensource offerings or iscsi ones which are free.

I guess you could even try out the new features like MSDP(puredisk) + ops center and other less often used options/features like BMR,Vaulting,SLP. It's up to you..depending on your time and commitment to picking up the stuff. For things like Vmware setup you may need some help from your colleagues if do do vmware administration, exchange or sharepoint. A lab setup of these products is not rocket science but then again not so straightforward(there's always google and youtube.)