Forum Discussion

Zigoze
Level 4
15 years ago

Unable to back up Exchange 2007 Mailboxes

Hi, I'm trying to backup my Exchange 2007 mailboxes. I get the following errors: 27-05-2010 11:31:54 - Warning bpbrm(pid=8600) from client exchangeSrv: WRN - unable to successfully enumerate folder: Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\ none of the files in the file list exist(71) If I open Backup, Archive and Restore GUI on the Exchange Client I am able to browse and see the Information Store items, but nothing appears when I try to browse the mailboxes, and I get no error... The user I'm using is a Domain Admin, Exchange Server Admin, has a mailbox created and initiated, the NBU Client is being started with that user. I have all log folders created on both the NBU Server and the Exchange Server Client, but when I start the backup, no additional information is written in any of the logs in both servers... I can only see the errors above on the Activity Monitor on the job log. Any thoughts? Thank you.

• Going back to older documentation that is probably still relevant - is the MAPI client installed? Is the mailbox name unique?  Local Admin rights? Have a look at this thread: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/mailbox-backup-failed-weird
    I do realize that it's for older Exchange version, but as with this post, there's something small somewhere that you're missing...

12 Replies