11 years ago

Unable to identify Cleaning Tape in Netbackup 7.6

Hi all,

OS- RHEL 6.2, 64bit

NB version - 7.6

Library - SL48 Tape library

Robot type - DLT

Density - Hcart2

I have not been able to detect cleaning Tape from the Robot Inventory even after the Tape was mounted in the library.

checked with tpclean, vmquery but no trace of cleaning tape.

Please provide me the solution to find out the cleaning tape or i need to raise a case.

Thanks&Regards,

A.Thanigaivel

• Your original question was about finding your cleaning tape...

If you view you media on the admin console and right click the header ro you can choose Columns - Layout

From the list it brings up select "Media Status" and click the "show" icon so that it then appears on your view

There is every chance that if it tried to use the cleaning tape as a normal tape it would have frozen it - so its status would be frozen

There is also the possibility that in your library setup (connect to the library via its own web interface) it is configured to do its won cleaning and has a slot dedicated to do that

If that is the case then it will actually hide that slot and tape from NetBackup - so only the library itself will see it

The cleaning tape is easy to deal with if not - make a note of all of the media IDs in the library and then physically go and remove it from the library - then update the inventory

The tape shown as going from the library to standa alone is your cleaning tape - you should then delete that media ID from NetBackup - put a barcode label on the cleaning tape (preferably CLN***), add a barcode rule that says a tape starting in CLN is a 1/2 inch cleaning tape 2 - add it back and update the inventory

You should then be sorted

13 Replies