Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Unable to verify NDMP Host

Hello,

I´m using Netbackup 7.5 on a Windows Server 2008R2. I have got a robot libary (LTO3) with six drives. I can catalog and import the LTO tapes without any problems. The tapes a written with NDMP.

I have got a SAN network with the libary, a robot, the server 2008r2 with NBU and celerra ns 480. There are all conncted via Fibre Channel to a SAN switch (there a all in the same zone). 

The license for NDMP is activated. I have got root access on the ns480. The NDMP service is already started.

Now my problem is, how can I connect NBU with the fibre channel to the ns480 ? I want to restore the LTO3 tapes via NDMP at the celerra ns 480.

regards,

Henning

• just highlevel steps...

1) the User accout name should be "ndmp" nothing else..

2) the ndmp filer should have a network communication with netbackup server.

3) if you have media server connected with tape drive and can read the data from LTO 3 tape then you need to make sure  tpautoconf -verify <ndmphost> also working from Media server  and then try the restore.

4) if you do not have meida server and need to use filer to deal with tape drives , then you need to make sure tape drivers are connencted physically to filer.

5) then configure tape drives to the filer & storge unit as NDMP staroge unit

6) then make sure tape is under contorl of robot then start the restore..

19 Replies