Forum Discussion

wannawin
Level 6
11 years ago

use of bptestbpcd command

Hello All, i just want to know the use of bptestbpcd command... according to me its client connect back option.. if connectivity from client to Master/media is fine then only this command gave positive output wen i run on master/media. For eg. i ran this command from media server then it executed perfectly widout any error but there is no connectivity from client to media server. ping and telnet to bpcd is not working from client to media server. then how bptestbpcd worked ftom media server to client..

• Please ALWAYS mention your NBU version - lots of things change across versions. Like ports numbers used for connectivity.

bptestbpcd issued on master or media server will attempt to connect on the client on the default port used for that NBU version and then wait for connect-back from the client on the same port number.

If you use bptestbpcd with -debug and -verbose you will be able to see these port numbers. 

NBU version 7.0.1 and later will first attempt port 1556 (pbx). If that fails, it will try port 13724 (vnetd). If this connection fails, it will try bpcd - port 13782.

NBU 6.0 - 7.0 will try vnetd first. If that fails, will try bpcd.

bptestbpcd is super handy because it tests port connectivity as well as hostname lookup.

ALWAYS ensure bpcd log folder exist on client and that NBU Client service is running before you try bptestbpcd.
    If nothing is logged, you know there is a firewall issue - either local OS firewall on the client or company firewall.
    If log file is created or updated, you can follow connectivity process on the client - from the incoming request from media server IP, to the hostname lookup for IP, followed by comparison of resolved hostname to Server entries on the client, and if successful, the final connect-back to the server using the same port that the media server connected on.

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion