Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Virtual Disk service terminated

Hello Experts,

We are facing a problem in our environments our windows administrator complained me that his virtual disk service is getting terminated whenever the backup start for that particular host , is this really a problem with Netbakup if not tell me i wann go and debate with my windows admin.

Thanks,

Nayab

8 Replies

• Please tell us your NetBackup version and patch level on the Master, Media and Client as well as the O/S versions and SP levels

Also what type of backup is it running that causes this error

and finally ... can we see the exact Virtual Disk error that you are seeing

Thanks

• Hi Mark,

We are using Netbackup 7.1  and how to check the patch level on my master, media and clients

O.S:- WINDOWS 2008 R2 SP1

This backup is a DATABASE BACKUP MYSQL

We are getting this Error:- Service Control Manager 7031 None The Virtual Disk service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Please advise on this.

Thanks,

Nayab

• Sorry a typo Backup Type is Filesystem Backup of a Database server .

Thanks

Nayab

• The patch level can be found at Help - About on the NetBackup Admin Console on Master / Media Servers and on BAR GUI of the client

Is that client also 2008R2? Physical or virtual?

Please also show us the VDS error that appears on the client - does this cause the backup to fail or does the details entry for the job show any errors?

Thanks

• Hi Mark,

I have checked version in help all master/media and client it says Netbackup 7.1

Client is Windows Enterprise 2008 R2 SP1 and it is Physical

As per my Windows admin in the Event Log he has seen error as " Error :- Service control manager , The virtual disk service terminated unexpectedly, event id 7031". this is what he told me

Thanks

Nayab

• Great - dont forget to close the thread off by using the "Mark as solution" the answer that solved it for you to help others searching for a similar issue in the future

Thanks