Forum Discussion

Toddman214
Level 6
11 years ago

VMware "exclude data disks"

**** Moved to new discussion from https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/exclude-list-not-working-1 ****

I am experiencing a similar issue to Mothi, but not exactly. I have a policy set as a VMware policy, and I have used the "exclude data disks" under the advanced option, which should work in this case, since this is a VM, and the boot disk is not an independent disk (i.e, it can be snapshot). I am running three other VM's like this for testing, and they worked properly. I have drives C,L,S,T,U,X, and all I want to back up up is C, but all drives are captured in the backup and at full size.

I did notice then I set up the VMWare policy that it stated that the client needed to be running agent version 7.5 or newer, but my four test clients are running 7.0 (yes, I'll have to evenually update them anyway). All but the one did backup up just the boot drive as I wanted, and I have performed a test restore which worked. Has anyone had any issues using a client older than 7.0 with this option?  

• Im going to close this out. It does work fine with clients running an agent older then 7.5.

11 Replies