Forum Discussion

Zahid_Haseeb
13 years ago

What other solution does not provide single solution for Virtual and Physical environment

I have seen the below Video which says that only one solution required for physical and Virtual environment which is Netbackup. What I feel that other Solutions dont have a single solution for physical and Virtual environment ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QcxggWHUgg

• Zahid

There may well be others that do it but this is a Symantec Forum so we are bound to agree and stick with the "NBU is Best" line and are unlikely to start reccomending or linking to other manufacturers solutions.

I am sure that it is actually against the forum rules to reccomend other companies software - so lets all just agree on the basis that you can't get better than Symantec and NetBackup is the best Heterogeneous Software for backing up all physical and virtual environmentssmiley

6 Replies

• Thanks for your kind words. You mean that EMC dont have single solution for both Physical and Virtual environment ?

• I will put it in this way:

"Best solution that can be used with both Physical and Virtual Environments." - NBU

Doesn't really mean no others provide a single soultion for physical and virtual environments.

• "Best solution that can be used with both Physical and Virtual Environments." - NBU

If others also do than why NBU ? Any example ?

• Zahid

There may well be others that do it but this is a Symantec Forum so we are bound to agree and stick with the "NBU is Best" line and are unlikely to start reccomending or linking to other manufacturers solutions.

I am sure that it is actually against the forum rules to reccomend other companies software - so lets all just agree on the basis that you can't get better than Symantec and NetBackup is the best Heterogeneous Software for backing up all physical and virtual environmentssmiley