13 years ago

When restore file with ACL

Hi,

I have been using NetBackup 7.1.0.3.

NetBackup Server

NetBackup Client1  (Production)

NetBackup Client2  (Disaster Recovery)

First is to get the backup NBU Client1. Target D: \
Implement a redirected restore to NBU Client2.

Both the local Windows authentication is used, 2 NBU Client1.
Authentication is not a Domain.

To Client1, non-administrative user exists,
To be backed up, its owner and the non-administrative users
Where the data resides.
When you restore to Client2, the data owner is a non-administrative user, to Client2, but is not registered on a non-administrative user, NetBackup restores are performed properly.

Once restored, the Administrator to log in to Client2.
If you try to open a file that is owned by non-administrative users,
Can not be opened because you do not have permission.

What can restore NetBackup is why Client2?

Know when the success of the backup, and running the NetBackup Client Service is AdministratorClient1 \ Administrator.

When the success of the restore, Client2 \ Administrator or how do you restore a file that does not have permission to access from the tar image of NetBackup?

• Oops !!! But couldn't get yoru query properly. Wouldn't you mind simplifying your query again. Presuming you wonder how NBU restores files to another client without ACL or something else

Just for info, During Restore, you can also specify to Restore files without ACL (in case if you need to modify the permission etc.)

2 Replies

• Oops !!! But couldn't get yoru query properly. Wouldn't you mind simplifying your query again. Presuming you wonder how NBU restores files to another client without ACL or something else

Just for info, During Restore, you can also specify to Restore files without ACL (in case if you need to modify the permission etc.)

• I think I get what you mean ...

By default NBU restores with original ACLs and can only restore without ACL under certain specific conditions which will probably not apply in your case.

Due to the differences in admin permissions / domains etc. this may restrict you opening the files after being restored.

What you can try is to highlight the top level folder containing the files restored, right click and select properties.

Go to the Security tab - select Advanced at the bottom right - go to the owner tab - click Edit - add in your DR admin, select the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" and OK it - if that works you will now be able to set permissions for your DR users to access the files

Let me know if that works