Forum Discussion

D_Flood
Level 6
8 years ago

Combo "client backups" and "catalog" report?

Has anyone written a report that combines "client backups" with the "stored on" information from the Catalog screen?

Specifically, what I'm looking for is we resently decided to completely phase out tapes but I have some long-term tapes out there that probably need to be copied back into our Appliance.  So if I had a report that had the expiration date and the media ID I could tell which tapes I need to call back and do a duplicate from...

• Using the Images on Tape report from the NetBackup Admin Console and exporting that to a CSV doesn't give you the information that you need? This would show you all tape media ID's that contain unexpired data.

2 Replies

• Using the Images on Tape report from the NetBackup Admin Console and exporting that to a CSV doesn't give you the information that you need? This would show you all tape media ID's that contain unexpired data.

D_Flood
      Level 6

That is, in fact, an almost perfect solution.  I didn't take a look at that report.

The only thing it doesn't have that I'll have to cross-reference against the Catalog is where part of an image is on one tape and part on another.  If I don't do that then I risk calling back only the head of the image and will have to do another callback for the tail.