Forum Discussion

12 years ago

OPS ANALYTICS CUSTOM REPORT (SQL QUERY)

We need help in order to create a custom report at OPS , attached you will find a template of the report as our Management team asked to be created.

We have bought Analytics License and all our efforts for the creation of the custom reports have failed.

Is there a way to add the retention period at a report ?

• Was that query helpful? Or are you still looking for other items?

14 Replies

• Miles, 

I wish I could assist with the query, but I just do not have the time at the moment... however, I can offer the following... 

Look in - nb_RetentionLevel --- should break it down like... 

masterserverid, id, period, unit, label

This could be a nightmare for those who custom label their levels, and if they have multiple masters with different / custom levels...

• I am actually not able to find retention in the OpsCenter database. I do see that there is a column under the domain_Schedule table for "retension" however for all of my policies this is NULL. I'm not sure if there is an issue with the collection because of the misnaming in the database. 

If someone can find the correct field in the database I could throw a query together, but without it more than half of what you are looking for would be missing.

I'm working on something that that field can be added to later, but the pivots are giving me some problems to get the failed count/success count's on the same line. I should have something soon.

• You are right Scot there are more than one policy for the same client, although if we could some how export to the report the retention period for a number of policies it would be very helpful.

Another issue that we cannot export to the report is the Backup Attempts .

Both the Retention Periods & the Backup Attempts are data that OPS is aware of, because we can find them at the Policies tab but there is no existing report with these data. That's why we are thinking of the SQL queries.

• A lot of this depends on how your backup jobs are configured. It looks like they are asking for different retention policies for different portions of the same client...

Are you using multiple policies to backup different parts of the same clients to differientiate retention levels?