Forum Discussion

Chronos
Level 4
13 years ago

OpsCenter not connected to master server

Hi all, I'm new to OpsCenter and I'm having difficulties making it communicate with my master server. Current setup: - master is 6.5.3.1, running on Solaris 9, 32-bit; no media servers in my conf...
    13 years ago

I really am both pissed off and flabbergasted... who would've thought that the culprit for this whole mess is actually ... Symantec? After two agonizing weeks of searching and digging through documentation, knowing that I had done everything by the boook, it turns out that the Agent executable file was blocked by Symantec's own AV!

This is what I saw in my windows host, this time after doing an install in the production environment and actually getting about 10 m of connectivity (the same setup there too- windows agent host+solaris master):

SYMANTEC TAMPER PROTECTION ALERT

Target:  C:\Program Files\Symantec\OpsCenter\Agent\bin\OpsCenterAgentService.exe

Event Info:  Suspend Thread

Action Taken:  Blocked

Actor Process:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe (PID 1572)

Time:  07 February 2012  21:35:31

You might wonder if the AV itself is up to date... it is. You guys might wanna look into this, it's completely and utterly retarded to spend so much time on a simple task that would've taken just half an hour to complete...