Forum Discussion

StekertJ
Level 3
9 years ago

SSR 2013 SRD Fails Boot on system with PERC H310 Raid Controller

I'm running SSR 2013 on a Dell 64 bit Precision T3600 independent workstation with a Xeon ES-1650.0 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and containing a PERC H310 Raid adapter that controlls two 1 TB HDs currently running as independant C: and D: drives (i.e., in non-RAID configuration).  2013 succdessfully backs up the C: (boot) drive to D: in weekly sets with offsite copy.  However, attempting to restore C: from image using the 2013 SRD runs into an immediate probllem.  When attempting to boot from the CD/DVD drive (preceded by the H310 boot from bios), even before the Windows logo appears, I get a blue screen stating:

"Your PC needs to be repaired.  There isn't enough memory available to create a ramdisk device.  Error Code 0xC00000017."

Attempting to use Lights Out produces the same result..  I attempted to customize the SRD with the H310 driver (percsas2.sys), but the SRD Wizard would not accept the .sys file.

So I have two questions:  1. Could the problem be caused by something other than the H310?  2. If the probllem is the H310 controller (none of my other systems without controllers have SRD recovery problems), is there a fix short of removing the H310?

-- Jim

11 Replies