Forum Discussion

5 years ago

System Recovery 2010 SRD

Hello,

we have an SBS 2011 Standard Server, with Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 installed.

We have setup System Recovery to save restore point on a NAS.

We don't have the System Recovery Disk.

From the following post

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/System-Recovery/SSR-2011-Symantec-System-Recovery-Disk-ISO-download/m-p/868337/highlight/true#M31511

my understanding is that it's a very old version so there isn't a way to get the ISO.

If i get the latest version, trial, will I be able to create a recovery disk?

And if I do, will I be able to use the recovery points created from our 2010 System Recovery?

Thank you very much

• SteliosKotsifos 

Yes, you can download/install a trial version of VSR 18 and then create a recovery disk.

You *should* be able to restore older recovery points using this.

4 Replies

• SteliosKotsifos 

Yes, you can download/install a trial version of VSR 18 and then create a recovery disk.

You *should* be able to restore older recovery points using this.

• criley 

Thank you for your reply.

Can you tell me if there is going to be a problem if I run the installation for VSR 18 on the same system that System Recovery 2010 is installed?

Am I going to run into conflicts or will I be able to install the trial version, create a recovery disk and then uninstall VSR 18?

criley

SteliosKotsifos 

You cannot upgrade from 2010 to VSR 18 I'm afraid. You would have to uninstall 2010, reboot, install VSR 18, then reboot again. Not ideal I know ..

The alternative, and probably easier option, is to install a trial of VSR 18 on another machine, then create the SRD there.