Forum Discussion

14 years ago

All Media is beeing detected as my "Tuesday" Tape

Hi all,

for the last two weeks i've been trying to get rid of my old Arc Serve Solution thus trying out the new BackupExec 2010 R2.

I 've put my old HP ML110 G4 an Adaptec 2940U2W and a HP Ultrium 920 Tape Drive together. Both storage controller and drive have been working together in my old ML350 very well...

I got a load of new tape media, all HP LTO3 Tapes and started to build my media sets. The first tape went into the inventory quickly, it's my Tuesday Media. But every since no matter which blank Tape you'll insert they all get recognised as "Tuesday" ???

Another Phenomenon is that BackupJobs which are configured to spit out the Media when finished never come to an end.

Backup Exec is all up to date, i'm using the Symantec drivers for the Tape Drive and don't know where to take a look know...

any ideas?

3 Replies

• Whenever you replace the tape you need to make sure you run inventory on the tape .

Go to tool--options --Media mangement and check what options you have selected.

Did you tried running a quick erase on the tape ?

• When you put in a new tape, you should right-click on the drive and label the tape with the appropriate label.

Another Phenomenon is that BackupJobs which are configured to spit out the Media when finished never come to an end.

If you check, there will be an alert asking you to remove the tape.  Until you do so and respond to the alert, the job will not end.  You can go to Tools --> Alerts Categories and configure an automatic response for the Media Remove alert to take care of this.

•  

I ran inventory on every tape I tried, even quick erasing did not help.

Media management options are set as followed:

Write Protection - 2nd Option checked, Prompt bevore overwrite checked

Overwrite temporary media checked