Forum Discussion

FZ2H
Level 6
13 years ago

Backup Exec 2010 .R3 File Archive

Guys,File

I need an advice,could you please help me ....

My Customer  looking to purchase a new storage environment in their main and DR which will be used mainly to host the data from their High Performance Computing data generated from their DNA Analysis software.

The customer have 8 servers where 4 are running Windows 2003/2008 and 4 are running Linux Redhat.

In the main environment they will have 180TB or RAW Storage while in the DR they will have 60TB of RAW storage that will be connected to an HP MSL8096 with 4 Tape Drives.

The data that is newly generated from the DNA Analysis will be synchronized from the main site to the DR using the HP P4500 built-in Array replication while should be automatically backed up to tape. The whole process of managing the data from the main site to the DR and then to the Tape Library should transparent in a sense that a File Archiving software should manage the process in case the software require to use any old data that has been moved to tape library should be requested from the File Archiving software.

In brief they need a software that will transparently manage moving the data from the main site to the DR site to Tape Library and back (restored) without the software in the main site to notice that the data is missing.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

3 Replies

• ...doesn't look like many people have played around with BE's file archiving so I hit the support flag. That said, the forums are quiet over a weekend. Either way, please put in the solution when you know how it works for future queries on the same issue...