Forum Discussion

Hoang_Lieu
Level 3
18 years ago

Backup failed when I choose to back up drive C: (OS) and F:

After I created a job to backup and ran for a test, it was done successfully. However, when I scheduled at 3AM and it failed. It said unable to open files, for example, C:\windows\systems32\dhcp\emd.emd skipped, F:\Love\abc.txt skipped.
I scheduled another job at 5PM backup only drive F: and it was successfully completed with exceptions: unable to open files on F:\love\abc.txt

Do you guys have any idea about this?

Thank You in Advance.

9 Replies

• Are they shared by a particular program that is using them at the time? Do you know what the files are used for?
  • it looks like it was in used by some of the application. Is this cause the program "failed"
  • Probably, it needs some quite time on the files, are you using Advanced Open file Option? If you are and it is still failing then you should probably stop the application during the backup
  • Depends whether or not you need them to be backed up, if it is just an application you can reinstall if necessary then skip them.

If they really need to be part of the backup then you need to stop the application
  • This program needs to ran all the time and I think I can skip those files because most are temp.