Forum Discussion

nxp
Level 2
16 years ago

Backup to disk on one server restore on a different server

OK BE 11d users, don't get mad but I posted this in 10d and there's no traffic there so hopefully someone here can answer me.

We are upgrading an application server to a different server, it had backup exec 10d on there.  Because I've moved the tape drives off that server already, I had to perform a back up to disk folder on it.  The backup is on one of our file server.

On the new server, I've installed backup exec 10d back on there and I want to do a restore to it.  I've set up a backup to disk folder, copy all the bkf files from the other backup to disk folder into the new backup to disk folder.  I inventory it, then I catalog it.  It shows up as a restore point, but there are missing folders and it had a red x on one of the folders. 

I've already copy all the bkf and when I went to look at the old server, the missing folders did get backed up and if I try to restore it from the old server, it does give me an option to restore it.  So why am I missing folders when I try to restore from a different server.  Do I have to do something else?

No RepliesBe the first to reply