Forum Discussion

17 years ago

DLO Questions.

Hello, first post here and I hope it will be in the right place to ask such things.

I've just installed Backup Exec 12 on my server, and I've been looking for a good backup solution for the workstations around it. We have about 40 workstations & laptops here, and I was wondering if it was either

A- Possible to get more licenses for the DLO option to cover up all the workstations

B- Would another solution be better? Would I be better off just getting Norton Ghost in there, or something of the sort? Buying enough licenses to cover the whole backup sounds rather unlogical, I suspect there might be something better suited for the task.

Thanks for your time, and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

4 Replies

• How much of the workstation are wanting to protect?  Are you wanting to protect just user files or are you wanting to protect the whole system? 
  • Ideally the whole system, or at least their C partition. As time is the most important value we have as IT people, you don't want to be stuck re-installing a whole system, which is why I mentionned a Ghost, but was wondering if that would be a more suitable solution.

And we're talking about ~40 workstations, though this company is growing quite rapidly.
  • I've installed the Backup Exec System Recovery trial edition to try it out as it seemed very appropriate, I took the Desktop edition. However, I can figure out how things work out just fine(though the link to the online user's guide is down), but my only issue is that I can't find any kind of.. centralized administration console in which I could manage all of my test clients.

Am I on the good product..? My ideal situation would be to have a centralized administration console with ways to automate as many things as possible.

Thank you kindly for your time, and if this is the wrong place to ask, then I'm sorry, gladly redirect the way.