Forum Discussion

moar1986
Level 3
10 years ago

Error "S_TF_NO_TAPE_PRESENT" when backing up to HP StoreOnce Catalyst

Hello,

we first had an error "0xe00084ec - A backup storage read/write error has occurred" when backing up to HP StoreOnce Catalyst.
After that we did a Software Update for the StoreOnce VSA and have seen that disk space was low.
We manually deleted some old backup sets in Backup Exec and the Housekeeping funktion of StoreOnce cleaned the files.

But now when backing up we receive the error in subject "0x2000040d - S_TF_NO_TAPE_PRESENT"

Does anybody know how to resolve this?

We are using Backup Exec 2012 SP4, Windows Server 2008 R2

StoreOnce is a StoreOnce VSA with software version 3.11.4

OST Plugin Version is 2.0.1

Regards

• I've found a solution to my issue.

After updating software of the StoreOnce VSA the license was lost somehow and the StoreOnce went into read-only mode. Unfortunately there was no warning or notification in the GUI.

We had to request a new license from HP. After we installed the new license everything was working fine!

Thanks

5 Replies

• Hi Craig,

thanky for your quick response.

The TECH209500 seems to apply only to DataDomain aplliances but not to HP StoreOnce.

I have also checked http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129151, but I get an error when executing the command. Maybe this is because StoreOnce Catalyst has a different behavior than "traditional" deduplication folders?

The error I get wehn executing "crcontrol --processqueueinfo" is: Empty or missing configurtion directive, file not found or access denied.

Regards

• ...if you manually deleted files, then you might have an issue. I would suggest logging a call with Symantec about this and posting back with an update.

Thanks!

• The only things I deleted were some old backup sets. I didn't delete files from StoreOnce since this was done automatically.

But you`re right, I will open a new support case and let you know...

Thanks!

• I've found a solution to my issue.

After updating software of the StoreOnce VSA the license was lost somehow and the StoreOnce went into read-only mode. Unfortunately there was no warning or notification in the GUI.

We had to request a new license from HP. After we installed the new license everything was working fine!

Thanks