Forum Discussion

ScottVega
Level 2
11 years ago

Im Backup-Speicher ist ein Lese-/Schreibfehler aufgetreten.

Hallo Zusammen

Da unser vorhergehender Admin die Firma relativ plötzlich verlassen musste, bin ich nun daran unser Backup zum laufen zu bringen. Ich hatte bereits einen Case bei Symantec eröffnet und auch einen Techniker auf meinem System. Damals war das Problem lediglich, dass für 110 GB Daten zwei LTO2 Tapes (200/400GB) benötigt wurden. Nachdem der Techniker auf dem System war, geht nun die gesamte Sicherung mit dem HP Ultrium 2 448 SAS Tape Drive nicht mehr. Ich erhalte immer die Fehlermeldung welche im Titel beschrieben ist, dazu ein Verweis auf den Artikel V-79-57344-57350. Jedoch habe ich bereits diese Schritte unternommen und kann nach wie vor kein Backup auf Tape mehr machen. 

Folgende schritte habe ich bereits ausgeführt:
- Reparatur der BE SBS2011 installation
- Tape Drive Firmware aktualisiert
- Treiber vom Drive erneut mit BE Treibern ersetzt
- Alle über LiveUpdate verfügbaren Updates installiert
- Alle Backup Jobs gelöscht und neu erstellt
- Das Laufwerk reseted (gemäss Anleitung von HP)
- Alle Bänder aus BE gelöscht
- Das Drive in einem anderen PC (Windows 7) erfolgreich getestet
- Alle Windows Updates installiert

Wir haben folgende Hardware am Server:

HP ML110 G7 
32 GB Ram
3x 450 GB 15 SAS Drives
HP P212 w/512 BBWC
HP Sc44Ge HBA für Tape Drive
HP Ultrium2 448 SAS Tape Drive
Windows SBS 2011 Standard Edition
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 SBE

Der Techniker war so freundlich das System einen Tag vor Ablauf des Wartungsvertrages so zu sabotieren. Unsere Firma ist nun nicht gewillt, den Wartungsvertrag nur deswegen zu verlängern.

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir trotzdem helfen.

Cheers

ScottVega

8 Replies

• Hi,

download HP Library and Tape Tools and run a compression test against the drive to see what sort of compression you are getting. You need to stop the BE services first before doing so, and need a tape that can be overwritten.

Also run the device configuration test which will indicate any issues with the drive using HP LTT.

Thanks!

• Damals war das Problem lediglich, dass für 110 GB Daten zwei LTO2 Tapes (200/400GB) benötigt wurden.

re: At the time, the problem was simply that for 110 GB of data two LTO2 tapes ( 200/400GB ) were needed.

If you are not able to even get the native capacity of the tape cartridge, then I suspect that you may have a clogged head in the tape drive.

This technote will give more information.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH193200

• Hi Larry
    Hi Craig

Ich habe das Cleaning Tape nun zweimal durchlaufen lassen, die Tape Tools sagen alles ist OK.

Was nun?

• Are you able to get at least 200 GB on your LTO2 tapes?  If not, I would suggest working with your hardware vendor to confirm if you ha ve a clogged tape head.

• Hi Larry

Yes, in the HP LT&T Tool it works, but not in BE 2012 SBE. Also since your technician was on our system i keep getting the error "Der Auftrag schlug mit folgendem Fehler fehl: Laufwerk des Wechslers der physischen Datenträger nicht gefunden"
    V-79-57344-33035

Is there any way i can clean out all the settings from BE 2012 so i can make a fresh start or move to a different software vendor?

• Did L&TT write more than 200 GB to a cartridge?

re: Der Auftrag schlug mit folgendem Fehler fehl: Laufwerk des Wechslers der physischen Datenträger nicht gefunden

That sounds like a configuration error or a dievice discovery error or a problem with the database and would have nothing to do with capacity.  I suggest disable and delete the tape drive from the BE GUI, delete the backup job, restart the BE services and try again.

• ...is the tape drive showing up in Windows Device Manager, and consequently Backup Exec Devices?

If not, doing a device rescan in Device Manager, and then restarting the BE services should rectify this.

Thanks!

• a) Try re-installing your tape drive

1) Delete the drive from BE

2) Stop the media server and the drive

3) Start the tape drive

4) Start the media server

5) Ensure that the tape drive is recognised and functioning correctly in the Windows Device Manager. The tape drive should have a Symantec driver.

6) Try again.

b) Test that your hardware compression is working

1) create a directory and fill it with some text files

2) backup this directory with hardware compression

If you have a good compression ratio, then hardware compression is working.

c) Turn off compression and see how much data you can put on the tape. If you managed to put more data onto the tape then it could be that your data is already compressed and compressing it means you end up with more data than you have started.  See my article below

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/compression-short-explanation