Forum Discussion

dalge
Level 3
16 years ago

Intermittent Windows Server agent errors

We have been getting some intermittent errors saying "Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent." Our backups worked perfectly for several weeks after installing the Windows server agent on our file server but then these errors occur like every other day or maybe 2-3 times a week. Some days it works fine. Both servers are up when the backups are running.

We are using Backup Exec 11d ver 11.0 Rev 7170 on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition SP2. The server running the Windows Server agent also is on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition SP2, but different servers.Both are in a Active Directory forest of two domains.

David

1 Reply

• I just discovered that the Backup Agent service on this server is intermittently not starting at startup. We got an error on our backup over the weekend and I tried running the backup again and still got the error message and noticed the stopped service. I started it but it took a considerable amount of time before it started. I thought it was going to timeout. Once it started, I did not get the error.

The service is using the Local System Account to login. The errors in the event log says the service failed to start in a timely manner.