Forum Discussion

JSmith
Level 2
17 years ago

No files backed up, only parent folder structure

I am currently running BE 11.d Rev, 7170 w/ SP1 and HF 17-28.  I have one remote server (just rebuilt) and the local backup server, when backed up, only grab the top folder level and no files and/or sub-folders beneath it.  I have deleted and recreated all jobs, made from policies and from scratch, looked through all the options, verified no exclusions are there and I get the same result regardless of what folder/s I choose.  I have also tried to back up these 2 machines from another BE server we have in another location with the same result.  I have uninstalled/re-installed the remote agent on the 1 remote server to no avail.  I have verified that there are no exclusions in the NT backup exclusions list.  Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Replies

• I am having the same problem with my SBS server - not a remote server. Backup Exec is loaded locally on the server and no data is backed up when I run the job, although it reports successful.
  • THANKS!!! That worked, I don't see how it should based on the principals of that key, none of the files in the folders I was attempting to back up were database files or any kind of the sort, but now my file server is protected again, and a local backup of the media server produces a correct backup also.
  • from what I have read.. sometimes, and there is no explanation as to how - *.* gets added to the Active File option - as to how to remove this I'm unsure. As you said, active files by default are database files; stm, edb etc. and they are the only ones that should be in the Active File exclude list.. If symantec have any more info on this I would be interested as to how or why this occured in the first place as I have checked a number of other SBS/Windows 2003Std boxes I manage and none of them have that dword.