Forum Discussion

dalge
Level 3
16 years ago

Ready; No Media Servers are Available error

We are starting to get "Ready; No Media Servers are Available" on one of our servers. Over the last week or so, we had two tape drives go out on two different servers. While we are trying to get them repaired, we decided to backup using backup to disk folders on another server that had a lot of storage space. This was setup last week and everything was working up until this morning. One one of the servers we started to get this error. I tried setting up another backup to disk folder both on the same physical drive and also on another physical drive with no change. I've also rebooted the server, restarted Backup Exec services and Removable storage, paused and un-paused the server, no change. I went to the other server that has BE 11.7 on it and setup a job using one of these same backup to disk folders and it was able to backup successfully, so I am thinking it is something with Backup Exec on this particular server. I do not see any events shown in the event logs that would indicate a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

David Alge

1 Reply

• 1. Perform a backup on a Backup to Disk folder and check if it works.
    2. Stop the Removable Storage Management (RSM) service.
    3. Make sure that the latest Symantec Drivers are installed.
    4. If the device is connected to a RAID controller, move it to a separate SCSI controller.
    5. Check the Windows Event Viewer System log for Event ID 7, 9, 11 or 15.
    Refer to the following Microsoft article for additional information on Event ID 7, 9, 11 or 15:
    How to troubleshoot Event ID 9, Event ID 11, and Event ID 15 error messages
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=154690
    For further troubleshooting information on this issue, refer to the Related Documents section of this TechNote. Additionally contact the Hardware manufacturer to resolve the Hardware