Forum Discussion

Adam_Migus
Level 3
19 years ago

Repeated failures

My BE10 installation was running fine for weeks. Suddenly I started getting more frequent failures. Now about 80% of jobs fail. The error I get for most of them is:

Final error: 0xe0008445 - The media operation was terminated by the user.

Or on duplicate jobs I get:

Final error: 0xe0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found. Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted.

I have read through lots of posts from users claiming problems consistent with mine and in fact posted a followup ot one but got no reply. For each of the posts I did everything recommended including:

Verified all mentioned registry settings

Deleted and recreated the jobs and when it didn't resolve the problem I deleted the policies, recreated them and then in turn the jobs.

Double checked that settings like "retention tape" are and that automatic job cancel is not.

Double checked all the start times, time windows, etc.

Nothing I've done has worked. Please help I haven't had a successful backup including duplicate to tape in a week.

Thanks

3 Replies

• Hello,

Please check if this helps.

(title) Final error 0xe0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found. Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted. Final error category: job errors. For additional information regarding this error refer to link v-79-57344-37956.
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/278589

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.
  • Yes I tried that before and again after recieving your reply. Sometimes the catalog job would complete successfully, sometimes not. In either case retrying the duplicate job still fails. When it fails I get:

Catalog 00146 -- The job failed with the following error: The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.
  • After reading another post I also tried renaming the Catalog folder and creating a new (empty) one. That also does not work. I still get the same "terminated by user" error. At this point all my jobs are failing.