Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Restore

What is the procedure to restore incremental backup taken in local disk?

My scenario is weekly-full-bkp on friday and daily-incremental-bkp on weekdays(Mon, Tue, Wed & Thurs)

Now I have already restored full bkp taken on last weekend yesterday i.e. on 05/03/2013, no issues occured while performing this task.

Now I need your help to restore incremental backup taken on local disk yesterday night i.e. on 05/03/2013 to be overwritten on the full backup restored.

Waitin for your valuable reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sandesh-kumar, 

With 2012 you should not need to restore the full then subsequent incremental backups the software does it for you. You need only select the restore point you want and B.E. will either find or request all media needed. EX... 

Full - Friday 

INC - Mon - Thurs

Select Thursdays inc and B.E. will automatically restore Fridays full then Mon,Tues,Wed, and Thurs Inc to bring files to current. 

3 Replies

• You need to restore ALL the incremental backups taken since the full backup, starting with the earliest incremental backup.  Restoring incremental is the same as restoring a full backup.  Just make sure that you are restoring to the same destination.

• "Restoring incremental is the same as restoring a full backup"

does this means if I have full backup of 100GB on weekend and around 5GB of Incremental on Monday, will it restore whole 100+5GB, if I try to restore backup on monday or only 5GB of data will be restored.

NOTE: when I try to restore incremental backup I am not getting local disk option PFA image for your reference, guide me if I am wrong in any process.

• sandesh-kumar, 

With 2012 you should not need to restore the full then subsequent incremental backups the software does it for you. You need only select the restore point you want and B.E. will either find or request all media needed. EX... 

Full - Friday 

INC - Mon - Thurs

Select Thursdays inc and B.E. will automatically restore Fridays full then Mon,Tues,Wed, and Thurs Inc to bring files to current.