Forum Discussion

20 years ago

Restoring most recent Backup job.

The nature of this post is that our company would like to restore a particular file from the tape after completion of a backup.

In the Veritas software, the creation of a restore job requires that a particular tape be defined and inserted for the restore job. For our purposes, we would like to simply restore a file that was just backed up onto a tape, without having to select a full restore job. This way we can schedule to restore this file from the tape every time a backup is made.

If any advice can be offered to give a solution to this problem, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your continuing product advice.

2 Replies

• We (the user community) have been asking for this capability since v7.0, and v10 still does not permit you to specify "latest version of media set xxxxx"

FWIW (probably nothing, since they've ignored us so far) you can post this to the enhancements page at enhancement.veritas.com

You could probably script something up using BEMCMD, but I suspect it would be a far from trivial endeavorMessage was edited by:
    Ken Putnam
  • Thanks a lot Ken for your advice. Your responce answered my question completely. My hope is that Veritas will implement such a feature in an upcoming version so that the user community can more easily automate backup and restore jobs.

Cheers.